Women’s Fund, in our community since 1995.
Established in 1995, the Women’s Fund of Greater Green Bay supports programs in the local community that meet its mission of empowering women and inspiring girls while promoting leadership and building self-esteem.
Operating in alignment with the principles of the Greater Green Bay Community Foundation, the mission of the Women’s Fund is to grow its endowment from which it provides grants to support local leadership and self-esteem initiatives to empower women and inspire girls.
The strategic direction for achieving this mission is provided by the Women’s Fund Advisory Board. The central work of the Women’s Fund — fund development, events that inform and raise grants, and stewardship — all take place with the collaborative support of committees and countless volunteers.
2019-20 Advisory Board of Directors
- Karen Monfre, President
- Lori Harris, Vice President
- Jessica Diederich, Secretary
- Sara Funk, Finance Chair
- Keely Marlowe, Strategic Communications Chair
- Kim Linehan, Events Chair
- Sue Weyers, Grants Chair
- Barbara Koldos, Fund Development Chair
- Kristin Suchalla, Education and Nominations Chair
- Therese Woelfel, Greater Green Bay Community Foundation Liaison
- Amanda Gay, Greater Green Bay Community Foundation Liaison
- Tracy Alpert
- Jo Beno
- Julie Blank
- Nichole Campbell
- Erica DeQuaine
- Linda Hansen
- Micki Koehler
- Jessie Pondell
- Rebecca Pruess
- Mike Schmidt
- Teresa Schoffelman
- Lisa Vanden Avond
- Ann Weiss
- Nan Williams
Emeritus Advisory Board Members
Nancy Armbrust, Aymee Balison, Susan Baranczyk, Lorrie Blaylock, Kate Burgess, Beverly Carmichael, Diane Conway, Apache Danforth, Yolo Diaz, M.D., Diane Ford, Lise Lotte Gammeltoft, Dee Geurts-Bengtson, LoisGrace Golde, DeDe Heid, Mary Hitchcock, Patty Ninham-Hoeft, Irene Hogan, Kate Hogan, Judy Johnson, Gail King, Lindi Kurtz, Dr. Cynthia Lasecki, Pat LaViolette, Laura Lear, Karmen Lemke, Bev Lisle, Toni Loch, Terri Matousek, Gail McNutt, Betsy Mitchell, Judy Nagel, Christine Neuman, Bridget O’Connor, Pat O’Keefe, Jonie Paye, Suzy Pfeifer, Sue Porath, Colly Remley, Sharon Resch, Diane Roundy, Kim Schanock, Sue Schinkten, Sabina Singh, M.D., Rose Smits, Jeanne Stangel, Donsia Strong Hill, Nancy Thompson, Cindy Treleven, Veronica Trofka, Julie Van Straten, Maryanne Weyenberg, Susan White
- Fund Development and Stewardship – This committee focuses on ways to secure the resources needed to support the work of the Women’s Fund.
- Events – Committee members plan and execute the signature events of the Women’s Fund, including Power of the Purse and Backstage with the Women’s Fund, and partner with other organizers for additional events through the year.
- Strategic Communications – The Communications Committee keeps donors, grantees and the community up-to-date on Women’s Fund happenings.
- Education & Nominations – This Committee promotes the Women’s Fund by informing interested parties about its mission, goals
andaccomplishments and ensures strong board member development and recruitment.
- Grants – The Grants Committee reviews and assesses grant applications and recommends which programs and initiatives to financially support.
Faces of the Women's Fund
Our Faces of the Women’s Fund series highlights the women and men whose efforts make our work possible. Whether it’s making a donation, volunteering at one of our signature events, or staffing a program we fund, these individuals are all driven to the same goal — empowering women and inspiring girls.