What We Fund
The Women’s Fund provides grants to local non-profit organizations that offer programs and services supporting leadership and self-esteem initiatives
for women and girls. Grants from this Fund make an impact by supporting thousands of women and girls in our community—the difference is seen every day!
Grants are awarded based on a thorough application process, which includes review by a grants team of community volunteers.
Semi-annual grant program application deadlines are January 11 and July 1.
Grant applications are only accepted online. To register as a Grant Administrator or Login please see the Nonprofits/Agencies page. Applications are available approximately 2 months prior to the deadline. Please review the online application questions and requirements, which include this budget form.
Since 1995, the Women’s Fund of Greater Green Bay, a fund of the Greater Green Bay Community Foundation, has given more than $875,000 to programs and initiatives of Northeast Wisconsin non-profit organizations that expand opportunities for women and girls. The Women’s Fund does not make grants to individuals.
The Women’s Fund is interested in reviewing creative proposals that promote healthy relationships and support leadership and self-esteem initiatives for women and girls in Northeast Wisconsin.
We recommend that any organization interested in applying for a grant contact Rashad Cobb, Community Engagement Program Officer, by phone at 920-432-0800 or by email at email@example.com to discuss a potential proposal prior to completing the application and grant narrative.
- The applicant must have a 501(c)(3) IRS tax exempt designation or be a governmental, educational, or religious organization.
- The program must provide opportunities for and/or meet the needs of women and/or girls who are residents of Brown, Oconto, and Kewaunee.
- The Women’s Fund does not fund individuals, for-profit organizations, capital projects, endowments, debt reduction, fundraising events, campaigns to elect candidates, or programs that promote religious or sectarian activities.
- Requested programs cannot be “half” of a program that is designed for boys and girls, or men and women. Programs for boys and men that relate to healthy relationships and support women and girls will be considered.
- Grants will be made for programs that support and expand opportunities for women and/or girls that help them to be healthy, to be safe, to learn, to achieve, to compete, to realize their dreams, and to be successful in their lives.
- Grants will be made for programs that clearly fill an articulated need, gap, or opportunity for women or girls in our community.
- Grants will be made to program that promote healthy relationships and support women and girls, including those programs that serve men and boys.
- In addition, grant reviewers will look for organizations that consult and collaborate with other agencies to enhance existing programs and augment opportunities.
- Programs that encourage and develop self-esteem and leadership for women and girls, especially those ages 9-15.
- Programs uniquely designed or specifically geared to women or girls, or for their particular challenges or situations; not programs where half of the participants are female
- Imaginative, results-oriented projects. These may be on-going, expansions, or modifications of existing programs.
- Sustainable programs
- Programs resulting in measurable, positive change in our community.
- Projects that demonstrate women and girls served are involved in planning and implementation of the projects and programs.
We strongly encourage you to speak with Rashad Cobb at the Greater Green Bay Community Foundation to discuss potential project ideas prior to completing the application and narrative. He can be reached at (920) 432-0800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope that you will consider engaging us and look forward to hearing from you soon.
- Application received by January 11 and July 1.
- Review by volunteer committee of Women’s Fund Advisory Board members and other community members.
- Recommendation for funding to Women’s Fund Advisory Board and Board of Directors of the Greater Green Bay Community Foundation.
- Decisions will be announced within 8-10 weeks of the application deadline.
Grant applications are only accepted online. To register as a Grant Administrator or Login please see the Apply for a Grant page. Applications are available approximately 2 months prior to the deadline.