On March 6, 2019, we celebrated International Women’s Day with a meet-and-greet reception featuring area nonprofits whose programs benefit women and girls.
We celebrated International Women’s Day on Wednesday, March 6, 2019, at Backstage with the Women’s Fund featuring:
• Complimentary hors d’oeuvres with wine and beer sampling
• Meet & greet with four area nonprofits whose programs benefit women and girls:
• Casa ALBA Melanie, Mujeres Fuertes & Women’s Support Group for local Hispanic Women
• Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Green Bay, comprehensive post-adoption services for mothers
• United ReSISTERS Stories of Resilience, publishing a book on the resettlement and resiliency of local, young, female Somali refugees
• GreatHER together, a collaboration of the Boy’s & Girls Club of Greater Green Bay and the Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes
• Presentation of the 2019 Nancy Armbrust Impact Award
Schreiber Foods created the Nancy Armbrust Impact Award to honor Nancy Armbrust, a retired Schreiber Foods executive, community advocate and leader. The award is given annually to recognize a woman who, in the same spirit of Nancy, has had an indelible impact on the community.
The award, given in partnership with the Women’s Fund of Greater Green Bay and the Greater Green Bay Community Foundation, includes a grant of $5,000 to be given to the recipient’s non-profit organization of choice through the Women’s Fund biannual grant cycle.
The 2018 winner, Dr. Brookh Lyons, will be announced and honored at the Backstage with the Women’s Fund event. Dr. Lyons is a visionary and thought leader devoted to cultivating local and global healthy dynamics. She is a chiropractor and is trained in personal coaching and other healing methods. Learn more about Dr. Lyons on her website: https://www.drbrookhlyons.com/.
• Opportunities to network with Women’s Fund advisory board members
• An inside look at the Women’s Fund—how it works, who is involved, and how you can help support local women and girls
Backstage at the Meyer
101 S. Washington St.
Green Bay, WI 54301
We are grateful for our 2019 event sponsors:
Copper State Brewery